Do you want to learn…
How to contribute to the peace and welfare of families in your neighbourhood or city?
How to plan an activity or event to contribute to the aspirations of your neighbours?
How to get involved in an organisation in your neighbourhood as a volunteer?
Here is an interactive, practical and engaging training!
When: November 24, 2018 (9am-4pm)
Where: Westview Bible Church (16789 Pierrefonds Blvd)
Cost: $20 – includes materials and lunch
To register or for more info: Contact Daria Nardozza – ROIWINMontreal@gmail.com
This day of training will be led by Dr. Glenn Smith from Christian Direction.
A few themes to reflect on towards community engagement
- Biblical foundation
- Useful definitions
- A few key values to consider
A few questions to discuss together
- What are the attitudes that can be barriers to community engagement?
- What is networking?
- What would be a good way to work with community organisations?
- Are community engagement and the proclamation of the Gospel compatible?
- How to recruit, train and deploy volunteers in the community?
- What will be the vision and the social and spiritual transformation indicators in our community?
Three exercises to do together
- An interview with employees from community organisations
- A walk to observe part of the neighbourhood
- An exegesis of West Island with statistics or how to assess localities.
Cover all this in seven hours of training? We’ll get there… with you!
Our vision for West Island and your area:
- See 10% of church goers become volunteers in their community!!!
- Becoming partners with you and your community.
- See a social and spiritual transformation take place in your area or neighbourhood!
If you can come and benefit from this training, could you delegate two or three persons (or more!) from your church?
“Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” Jeremiah 29:7
Hoping to meet you there!